Saturday, November 11, 2006

How Long Can You Live With A Hemorrhage

Diario del 1881



In this (small) Matthew diary, as well as keep their accounts, transcribes her thoughts and tells her days in Naples, where he attended the Royal Institute of Fine Arts

D01 Thursday, January 6th ... fatal!

Manfredonia Leaving for Naples, leaving ... all my happiness. Farewell to the holidays, my nation, friends, domestic peace, the Parents, Love ... 4 hours of tedious journey in a carriage. At Foggia
diverts rain, I brought Madonna to the former mistress of the house ... was not there, I left with a neighbor. I had dinner the godfather.
D02 Friday, January 7

I am filled with Coppola in Naples, I went straight Women's Constance ... I can not stay home with her, too expensive. I went to Zuppetti, he was sorry, he's with Santovito. I can not stay with them because the room does not lend itself into three. They wanted to eat and sleep with them ... what I did, e così mi sono ristorato del male viaggio. Freddo, pioggia, sonno, e pensieri di non poter trovare né casa né amico, e di incomodare, fino allora, la gente. Sono costernato per questo, mi veggo perduto.
D03 Sabato 8 Gennaio

Giornata che ho cominciato colla costernazione, non potevo, per quanto mi adoprassi, in niun modo trovarmi la casa; di qua, di là, fintanto che sono andato all'Istituto ed ho trovato un amico che sta cercando ciò che io cercavo... ci siamo combinati, sto di casa ai Cristallini secondo piano n. 92.
Desperate
could not find a home, this morning I was discouraged. What a contrast from my home in Naples from my country, alone, in a country that continues to party ... just hard work! I felt troubled soul in a sign that I have come the tears, struck by the contrast that exists between the present and recent past, thinking of the father, mother, brothers and sisters and yet, in this bitterness, to her I love so much ...! All these
I left crying for my departure, and also several friends.
With effort I detached from her, and she greeted me with his hand so gently ... oh that's enough!.
God has granted my prayer full of love to him, I found the house, the friend, I got a new breath, new courage ... Praise the Lord.
D04 Sunday, January 9

Last night I slept Pietronada Constance woman because she went to Foggia and why I still read that I must give my friend the Cinelli when leaving for Rome . But I can sleep until the woman is Constance, to which I gave what I gave for Chiappero I had to buy (5.00).

Friday I bought this book is good for me, I went to Portsmouth, stamattina, per trovare il compare, ho trovato il padre, lui si è stabilito a Meta.

Zuppetti mi ha rimproverato perché ieri, volendo che io andassi là a mangiare e a dormire, io non ci andai. Mangiarono alle 5, perdetti il mio mangiare e, la sera, mi aspettarono fino alle 12.
D05 Lunedì 10 Gennaio

Questa sera scrivo ancora al paese, cioè ai miei, a Giordano e ad Ernesto. Scrivo adesso perché non ho potuto prima; scrivo non perché sono libero e quieto, ma perché debbo...non ho testa e tempo di scrivere, non solo as I should have written yesterday, (to me), I will write on Sunday. Oh dear .... angiolino

I have all the books, which are far from Carluccio, so I bought a basket that will help me a lot, for the linen as well.
D06 Tuesday, January 11

Yesterday, for not having been able to finish, not the letter I sent home, inside, that of Ernesto and Jordan, the 'I sent today.
D07 Wednesday, January 12

Today I attended the lecture in Tari; Aesthetics
D08 Thursday, January 13

Guarini This morning I went to, I found competent Tonino , good health, in his study who recently put in the factory of the brothers. He is working in clay, a subject that is humorous Pulcinella, which, on a donkey loaded with radishes, repost, cabbage, and Cocozza, and, all gleefully as he is transported to Deputies as a member, money on the ground, and a farmer's donkey pulling the rope.

Department (news), American photography street Chiaia 242 Naples: the portraits for a pound on tin and instantaneous.
D09 Friday, January 14

Today, as he left the 'Institute, where, was the first to day I went to work, I found out that Aunt Louise was waiting for me. Tonight I went to find her Vittoriella, who is married to four months to a past operator pharmacist ... Ah! when .... when she is an illusion that I love her ... when she saw me disillusioned freddo; ed al vedere, poi, una cartolina inviatami dallo angelo mio, da colei che io amo tanto ! alla quale, questa sera scrivo. Avrei dovuto scrivere domani perché deve riceverla Domenica...ma chi sa ? Forse potrei aver che fare, è meglio anticipare. Oh, ecco il suo ritratto, come è bello, più bella, però, è l'immagine che mi è restata scolpita nella mente di quell' ultimo giorno che la vidi colle lagrime agli occhi ! oh, ecco i suoi adorati capelli, come mi elettrizzano nel baciarli ! come mi elettrizzava la sua mano nello stringerla nella mia !
D11 Domenica 16 Gennaio

I went to visit the villagers at the college with Galileo Galilei Zuppetti, and Bissanti Santovito. I found there Adolfo, who was already there from 3 villagers Frattarolo Adolfo, Adolfo Muzzillo, Vincenzino Leanza, with whom I have held talks.
D14 Wednesday, January 19

This evening I went to Guarini, and there, I had fun with Cinelli and Cercone and the whole family to Guarini. Cercone Cinelli played guitar and sang French. There was much merriment and laughter as well as much, how many laughs I made ... but a distant thought I was fixed in his mind, and made me sad and serious, paying the excitement of my fantasy to concerts, sound, happy company of those venerable damsels.
D27 Wednesday, February 2

This evening I went to the Teatro Bellini, where I felt the Ruy Blas ... that magnificence, that music, that good thing is the theater! exalts the sublime, so ... so excited!
I have not paid, nor my friend, for a combination.
D28 Giovedì 3 Febbraio

E' venuta la donna che portò il letto e l' ho pagata

Questa sera sono andato da donna Costanza ed ho trovato la lettera che mi mandava LEI...

Sabato 5 Febbraio

Questa notte ho dormito, per la prima volta, alla nuova casa, col nuovo amico Greco ( lettino però più comodo nel suo letto ).
D31 Sunday, February 6

Al Teatro Bellini became the Nebuchadnezzar, which I liked. Music by Verdi.
D33 Tuesday, February 8

I received the letter, I am happy.
are worried, however, by the thought that horrifies me. My friend of the family was challenged to a duel with a Tuscan, a pupil of the school of painting, and I fear for my friend, providing the sad consequences that make the dangers of combat. Oh, the reason I say that in the force ... What is reprehensible. The Middle Ages seem to grant you success left its mark for heroic service, apparently fairly for luxury service in appearance ... Effects terrible!
D34 Wednesday, February 9

Today we are back from school distressed. I witnessed and I tried, myself, severe concussions. Business for the appointment of professor of sculpture Lare, the President has resigned. Filippo Palizzi behind him Morelli, then the whole board!
L 'Institute were protesting ... the President, resign, made us cry. We made an interpellation to the Prefect, the Ministry because it means that the students close the school! With grateful hearts, we accompanied the president to turn down the door of the 'Institute. All erupted in screams ... Palisades alive! clapping their hands, while he, weeping, greeting and thanking, he stood in the carriage ...

... Tomorrow you will go to school?
D35 Thursday, February 10

An ox whip, stick, because the evening, leaving the school, we pass by the street dangerous, so much so that last night, if we had not noticed, me and my friend, two men squatting under the arch of the incurable, for something we changed direction, there would have failed badly!
D36 Friday, February 11

Institute desert ... do not make noise, it seems a house where the father was dead.
No resolution yet it was not known by the Minister. That monotony out of work!
D38 Sunday, February 13

Sono andato al teatro Bellini ove ho udito " La sonnambula ", fatta dalla La Blanche
D39 Lunedì 14 Febbraio

Sono andato al teatro Bellini ove ho udito " la Carmen " fatta dalla La Blanche
D41 Mercoledì 16 Febbraio

Oggi abbiamo saputo che il Re ha accettato le dimissioni di Palizzi e, mi pare, quelle di Morelli.
D45 Sunday, February 20

This morning I went to Capodimonte, I ate smoked cheese and milk to the Royal Vaccaria ... oh how I enjoyed, I enjoyed it immensely and, after walking the woods, I climbed on the building and I looked at the art gallery where the paintings are beautiful, painting and sculpture very valuable!
D48 Wednesday, February 23

were accepted the resignation of Morelli and Palisades. L 'Institute is in revolt and the police in disguise, surrounding the' Institute, because they are afraid of innovations and excesses, just or unjust, if they think the Minister ... We'll see where it will fall is grape!
D49 Thursday, February 24

Bellini I went to the theater with my friend and we have seen:

Traviata, Act II
Mignon, Act II
Sonnambula, Act III
Carmen, Act IV

E 'evening was a beneficio della La Blanche, la quale ha avuto doni costosissimi ed applausi infiniti...Ecco l'incoraggiamento !
D50 Domenica 27 Febbraio

Quest'oggi sono andato a Capodimonte, ove ho veduto altre bellezze nel bosco. Vi è un giardino con frutta, che è una delizia veramente...Poi uno stabilimento, che non è altro che una gabbia, piena di ogni sorta di magnifici e bellissimi uccelli, tra i quali il pavone ed altri, che sono opere bellissime della natura.
Sono andato a fare una zuppa di mezzo litro di latte alla vaccaria.
This evening we danced
Women's Constance.
D60 Sunday, March 13

Last night I went to the theater to hear Bellini's "La Traviata." It 's the first time that' s what I heard ... I semblance dear! oh it's very touching. La Blanche, then, represents so well! Ecstasy that infuses the music, which I believe will be one of the major works of Verdi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment