Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cruising Areas In Vegas

LA POLITICA DEL “FAIR PLAY”

There may be a link between sport and political engagement?

I've never been, nor have I ever heard a "professional politician" and yet I have always been in politics, perhaps sometimes without being fully aware, when I was child first 'mock' and then 'scout', then again national and local leader of the Italian Catholic, so conscientious objector (military service) in alternative civilian service, and cooperative union (responsible for international cooperation programs for development).
I was attracted to, even for Family Affairs (Deputy Mayor a brother, a trade unionist father, an uncle of President Region ...), from art to politics, but at the same time distrusted by the intrigues and quarrels, the backroom deals and endless discussions and sometimes without any result typical of politics.
At one point, I was 14, I thought my future was in sports, I was part of a volleyball team for three years and I think I have spent more time in the gym than on books.
In high school things turned out differently: the study and commitments association had the better of those competitions, but I think the sports experience has stood me in and that has permeated even my political engagement.
Volleyball is a sport practiced by young people, in Italy, as in Brazil, but unfortunately does not enjoy the attention of the major means of mass communication, and therefore the resources that make the football (again: in Italy as in Brazil) the most popular sport, practiced and ($ $ $) sponsored.
There are two characteristics that make a sport of volleyball in my opinion extraordinary: the fundamental and necessary sense of the team on the one hand and lack of physical contact with the enemy dall’altro.
Nel calcio è possibile che un campione “faccia la differenza” e gli annali calcistici sono pieni di esempi che dimostrano questa tesi; è ovvio che anche il calcio, come tutti gli sport di equipe, si fonda su un impegno coordinato di un gruppo di atleti ma l’equilibrio tra il ruolo del campione (o del “craque”) e il resto della squadra non sempre è bilanciato a favore di quest’ultima.
Nella pallavolo l’equipe è tutto, e questo è anche favorito e reso necessario dal continuo turn-over di giocatori nel corso della stessa partita.
Altra caratteristica, forse ancora più esclusiva, è quella di giocare tra due gruppi che si fronteggiano ma non arrivano never to touch. If we think about a case almost unique among team sports, an important part of that base their competitive spirit and also the show in the contact, if not in physical combat with the enemy.
is not a detail: the lack of physical confrontation forces the athlete to focus less on perfection of the gesture, to reach a perfect understanding with his teammates, to unleash their physical strength on the ball and not on rival.
to think of it, I think the long hours spent in the gym and those years are not passed in vain and its beneficiaries was not only my body but my head, and certainly not the politician has learned little from that teaching sports.
If the policy was now based more on 'teamwork' and less on the populist leaders of some characters and if the debate even more heated with opponents to be less 'shouting' and more reasoned and more concentrated on the ball and then the contents and less likely to rival faction to the demolition of our societies, our countries it would be of great benefit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment